Monday 9 June 2008

Lucky Me!




I came home to a wonderful surprise... a parcel of gorgeous treats from Dot !
We have been swapping together; I sent her an Angelina ATC, an icicle doll, a felt bracelet and an Art Doll.
Well, first I discovered this beautiful matryoshka doll with her cute little children....just look at their lovely faces! It must have taken Dot ages to sew on all those beads, birds and ladybirds.
Next I unwrapped this stunning icicle doll; my photo doesn't really do justice to the beautiful colours and all the amazing detail. Its so lovely to touch.
And as if all that wasn't enough, Dot also made me 2 fabulous fabric ATCs which are covered in buttons and beads. Oh and there was more...some pieces of fabric for me to play with!
Thank you so much Dot...I love them all and I really appreciate the time and thought you've put into these lovely works of art.
If you haven't seen Dot's blog yet, I recommend you take a look.

9 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

thos eare really lovely and you deserve such nice things as you always make such lovelt time consumingd gifts for others.
glad to have you back.
chris sx

Anonymous said...

You are lucky!! the dolls are super dooper cute cute cute! I love them ,and the icicle doll has such a friendly face and beautiful beading and the fabric ATC are stunning .Dot is so talented ,I was lucky to receive a package the other day too from her which I was over the moon with.
I also like the idea of fabric ATC don't you ?
love and hugs from sesga xx

Judy S. said...

Wow! It's hard to decide which one I like best, but I think it has to be the matryoshka.

If your weather has been anything like ours, I can see why you're longing to bo back to your island. This spring has to be one of our worst ever. It even snowed in the mountains last Thursday.

Jaqi said...

Oh Linda, how lucky you are these are just wonderful. The little doll you made for me was involved in a drama this week, and im afraid i still owe you my torso doll.....im afraid ive had my hands full this week with a little imp! I havent even managed to get any crafting done at all. But I will get onto it now. Its lovely to have you back, Jaqi x

sharon said...

WOW! You are a lucky girl! I'm very jealous of the first doll as I collect Russian Dolls. what lovely things to make sure you don't get the post holiday blues!

Cat said...

You must have the best collection ever!! These are great!

Anonymous said...

Not my 'thing' these BUT that said, I can certainly see that a lot of love and care has been lavished on the making of the pieces so obviously you've richly deserved this effort.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dot said...

Hi lovely Linda!

I am so pleased you liked our swap. I LOVE everything you sent me too.

And it sounds like you had a fabbo holiday - love the pics in the previous post!

Dot xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Linda what beautiful gifts you are one lucky lady...wow :)
Glad to see you back and crafting like crazy after your hols :)

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...