Sunday 20 July 2008

Soul Armour - page 2

I want you to think about what you need to protect and nourish your creative spirit. Think about the things that sustain you. What’s needed to shield you from outside criticism and your inner critic?
This was the instruction from Sarah.

It was a pleasure to do. You can't tell but its got lots of lovely metallic paint on it.
I referred to my collection of quotes....the top one is from Eleanor Roosevelt: No-one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

The background has torn pieces of writing on it, then my journalling, then dry gesso, followed by some acrylic paint and finally metallic paint rubbed on with my finger!

It was quite hard knowing when to stop with this page. I may add more to it later!
(Click for a closer look.)

13 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

OMG, WOW, THIS IS FANTASTIC ..LINDA I AM SO PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE ACHIEVED IN SUCH A SMALL SPACE OF TIME YOU HAVE BEEN BLOGGING, WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS.I ADORE YOUR WORK.
CHRISS XXXX

Linda Vincent said...

Thank you Chriss - I'm filling up!!
Hugs
xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is a work of art ,You should make another and frame it ,its amazing I love the flow of the words and the feminine shape of armour ,stunning!!!
The colours are beautiful too .
Love and hugs from sesga xx

Rosie said...

Wonderful WONDERFUL!! And I can tell that it felt really special for you too. A little while ago you never knew you could DO this did you, and now look at you!!!! xxxxx

Jaqi said...

WOW Linda, this is amazing.....what is gesso? I havent heard of that before.
Your work is out of this world, you should give yourself a huge pat on the back, you deserve it, this journal is going to be and amazing work of art when finished, I just know it, Jaqi x

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow Linda your journal is awesome. I love your style very much.

Anonymous said...

That Eleanor quote is one of my favourites and WOW WOW WOW this piece of work is something really special.

xxxxxxx

pammyjo said...

Wow! That is very a moving piece. Love it! You are so creative. Inspired again. Thanks! P

Viola said...

Wow, fantastic, Linda!!!! :o)

Christy said...

Your armour is stunning!

Mandy Chilvers said...

this is amazing linda.

Quilting Memories said...

WOW!!! Your armore is BEAUTIFUL!!! Im speechless it is so BEAUTIFUL!

Dot said...

This is brilliant Linda! Love your take on the instructions. You are so versatile and clever.
That quote is one of my favorites too.

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...