Tuesday 13 March 2012

Fabric and Paper.....

Just grab a selection of fabric and paper scraps.......
........choose a few and layer them.....
......then add some stitching.
My favourite pastime :-)

Close ups.....
I used my hand-made background papers (some on kitchen towel), gold lace  (thank you Jacky ;-) text (thank you 'All Saints', who wrap purchases in the best tissue ever), dyed mulberry bark, random-dyed silk fabric, silk dupion,  plus one of my favourite Paper Whimsy images which I machine stitched (very slowly ;-)
I then glued the finished collage to a piece of painted ply wood.
I have another sales outlet now...'.The Emporium' in Draycott. My daughter's shop opens in two weeks...more of that to come later.

My journals are all stitched and ready.....

The insides are decorated too....


...and I'm thinking about making paper bands for them with my sticker on the back.

Collaged postcards and tags next!

In my last post I said I'd show you Peachy's next catch.
Well this time it was a vole ...... and it was HUGE!
I came downstairs and found it cowering by the conservatory door surrounded by what I thought was a pile of black rice. Thankfully the poor thing was unharmed........and Peachy was nowhere to be seen. No doubt he was bored by this catch and back in the woods looking for something more exciting.

Of course, he tried to get round me later......

'Love you Mum..........'

8 comments:

whyducks said...

What gorgeous art, love the cat too.

Lottie Kate Minick said...

love your composition and color

Linda Vincent said...

Gosh, that was 8 years ago..... but thank you 🙏🏼

Linda Vincent said...

Thank you so much.

Kerrie said...

Love learning to mix paper and stiching plus paint and fabric. Thanks for sharing. Looks wonderful and I love the journals.

Linda Vincent said...

How can I reply to you Kerrie? Do you have a blog? Thank you for your comment anyway 😃

Kerrie said...

I'll email you Linda. Just found your address. Thanks for writing back. Appreciate it. cheers, Kerrie

Linda Vincent said...

Ok Kerrie. I look forward to hearing from you.

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...