Sunday 20 July 2008

Journal

I've been inspired by Jacky to attempt something that has been on my 'to do list' for some time.
She is following a blog tutorial by Sarah Whitmire started on July 13th (I'm busily catching up!)
Sarah gives daily prompts so you can journal along with her. First I had to get a book (mine is covered in blue suede - £4.99 from TK Maxx) and then cover the first 3 pages with torn book pages.Next, write all over the first 4 pages with a black pen, starting Today I feel........................
Next, dry brush gesso all over the writing.
Then stamp This book belongs to....... on the first page and write your name all over the page in different font styles and decorate it. The next page involves your 'soul armour' ie what protects you from outside criticism and your inner critic. I've only just started this so will show more tomorrow. if you want to see an amazing one completed, look here.
Right, I've got to go and find metallic pens, glitter, foil, metallic paint etc.
Back later!

8 comments:

Jaqi said...

Wow Linda, How lovely, This will be amazing, do you keep it as a journal or craft all the pages? Cant wait to see it all done, It looks Brill already , Jqi x

Linda Vincent said...

Hi Jaqi...I'm hoping to collage every page. There are an awful lot of blank pages - it'll be thick when its done!!
XX

Jaqi said...

I should have gone to Sarahs blog first ....before i left my comment.....which now makes me look stupid....LOL
Ive been to Sarahs Blog and now it all makes sense, sorry Jaqi x

Linda Vincent said...

Of course you're not stupid!!!!!!!
You are lovely for visiting my blog and making such kind comments. Glad you found Sarah's blog...it makes it all much clearer there!
XXX

Chriss Rollins said...

Knew it would be blue..lol.
very interseting will take a look at sarah's blog.
U amaze me you have a go at everything and anything.
well done to you.
chriss x

Rosie said...

I can't WAIT to see more of this! What a lovely project to take part in.

Dot said...

Hi Linda

Jacky told me about your wonderful pics of your journal so I had to come over and have a peek!

Love what you have done so far Gorgeous color choices too (love the blue's you use).

It is going to be a stunning journal - a treasure for you to keep for ever!

arlene said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE your pages!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...