Friday 6 March 2009

Goats Cheese Tarts

Couldn't resist giving you the recipe for these goats cheese and cherry tomato tarts. I made 16 of them for the cafe at the Beetroot Tree Gallery last week, then came home and made these for me and DH. I used mild goats cheese so they aren't terribly 'goaty'. You need:
210g puff pastry (froz)
125g goats cheese (its shaped like a little log)
60g (approx) soft cream cheese
1 crushed clove garlic
s&p
thyme
cherry tomatoes
Just roll out the pastry and line 4 flan cases (3-4") then mash the two cheeses together with the garlic and s&p. Press this into the pastry (it will be about 1/2" thick), slice cherry toms and place on top, sprinkle with thyme, a little black pepper and drizzle a little olive oil on if you like.
Bake at 180 degs for about 15 mins till golden. I'm off to make some more for tea tonight!

10 comments:

purplecat said...

Linda these look delish! and veggie friendly too!

Renee said...

Come to Mama, you goat cheese tart, you.

xoox

Love Renee

Anonymous said...

Oh, my mouth's watering - these look yummy!

xxxxxxx

Judy S. said...

Yum! I think I need to go eat some lunch as you've made me hungry...

Jaqi said...

They look yummy, I thought they were little pizzas, I dont eat pastry, so I wont be trying though sorry, Jaqi

morningDove said...

yum, yum, they look delicious.

Shashi Nayagam said...

They look delicious!

*jean* said...

yummmmyyy! perfect for my garden of tomatoes this summer!! thank you!

Lyneen said...

These sound do yummy!!

Jackie said...

Is that Alysn MM's Beetroot Tree?
They look great. I like goaty!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...