Tuesday 14 October 2008

Stuff

I haven't got a new project to show you at the moment - hopefully that will come later in the week. So I thought I'd show you some other things....

This is the gorgeous new wallpaper we have in our bedroom! Its totally different from the rest of the house and not 'typically me' at all. But I like it......


The embroidery on the skirt of a fabulous 'cocktail' dress I bought last week. It was reduced in a sale from £100 to £25 - ooooh I do like a bargain! Now I'm all ready for the Christmas parties....
A page in my journal ready for pictures and words. I got the technique from Jean at http://bluebirdslivinginthemeadow.blogspot.com/ It was lovely, messy fun, thank you Jean.
An ATC I made a while ago for a swap at Chriss's (http://chriss-rollins.blogspot.com/ ) I used alcohol inks on part glossy wrapping paper, a picture from Piddix (etsy) and angelina fibres. Close ups of the can I altered for our challenge on http://bigartadventure.blogspot.com/
I used gesso, tissue paper, stamps, acrylic paints, stencils and embellishments.

The quote says adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
An excellent book I'm reading at the moment.
Some letter doodling I did after reading this http://artinredwagons.blogspot.com/2008/08/lettering-technique-i-had-to-try.htmlThe rest of Kimmie's blog is well worth looking at, too, she makes fabulous artwork. Have you seen her altered can yet? Its amazing!
This was my altered envelope in Chriss's competition last week. I may actually use it! The bouquet was cut from a magazine, the other flowers were torn from paper napkins and applied with gel medium.
And finally.......a sneak preview of something I'm making for the next challenge at http://bigartadventure.blogspot.com/ The wobbly machine stitching is deliberate. Honestly. Hopefully see you there on Friday!!

Love Linda x

19 comments:

Jaqi said...

Love your new wallpaper very nice, and the cocktail dress is a fab colour. So many things , I think I should go back and read the post again, the book sounds very interesting, and i will have to check out the blog. You have been so busy you have been up to loads since you last posted and it all looks exciting.....and the sneak preview for friday.......what can it be ? cant wait to find out......Jaqi x

Chriss Rollins said...

Linda a lovely Post so much of interest and gorgeous eye candy.
chriss x

Sharon said...

Linda No stuff!!!!! you have loads of interesting stuff.... love the bedroom paper..... and that dress you will be belle of the ball it is scrummylishus......
Love your work
This sneak preview...... mmmmmmm
I will watch this space....

Sharon xx

Carol said...

Love the paper and dress and withso much off the original price it would have been a crime not to have brought it :)

Love all your art work MMM sewing only by hand here I'm afraid!!
TC
:)

Viola said...

Soooo many, many things, Linda! And all looks so great!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda - just loved this post. The wallpaper is classy, the dress is tres chic, the art is brilliant, the link re lettering extremely useful .... and I was wondering when fabric would put in an appearance. Take care ....

Chriss Rollins said...

linda your fabulous altered envie would be lovely to put either a sum of money or a gift voucher in for someone special.
chriss x

Mary S. Hunt said...

you have certainly been busy!
LOVE all the artwork!
AMAZING dress for that just right price! you can go shopping with me anytime!
beautiful wallpaper
and so is that bedcover!!!

Patrice said...

You let see us beautiful things, thanks!

Minxy said...

Blimey thats alot to take in, your a very busy bee arn't you, some great stuff, and i love the wallpaper, not me either but i like it too! intreagued on the sneek peek, wish it was friday lol

Heather Robinson said...

Can I tell you how much I love this post. It just reminds me to look around and note all of the beauty around me....from what I'm creating to what I'm wearing to the book that I'm reading. Thank you for that!

Shashi Nayagam said...

YOur bedroom looks beautiful I am sure. The journal is lovely and what a lovely bargain you got with that beautiful skirt amazing price!

Susan Hickam said...

Linda- thanks for the kind comments earlier on my tin can. It was fun to do. I am sure I will do some fun things with you all. You have so many lovely projects on your post today. I fully intend to try out all the links you shared.

Anonymous said...

Your Bedroom looks beautiful like a really posh Hotel.

And that pink dress is stunning.You will have to post a pic of you wearing it .

All the art work is beautiful as always .

Love from sesga xx

Anonymous said...

TFS this - some good inspiration here.

xxxxxxxx

Jackie said...

WOW! Your bedroom and your dress are so glamourous! I'm in awe.

Dot said...

What a great post of ' stuff' Linda! Love your wallpaper (I want to use some of it in my altered book he heh).

And the cocktail dress is stunning (love the detail and you will look gorgeous in it).

Am loving yuor background for your journal page - just my colors.....yumm..

Have a great weekend my friend!

Dot xx

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow so great work.
Extraordinary pieces. Gorgeous work.

Jacky said...

Linda I LOVE your new wallpaper!!! Your bedroom looks very chic.
And, that cocktail dress is divine. The stitched detail is beautiful and I can believe the price!!!
Gorgeous art as always. I am going to check out that link you have in this post (did I tell you that I made one of those gorgeous felted pincushions from the link on an earlier blog...lots of fun).
I have missed visiting your wonderful blog over the past few weeks and seeing what amazing things you have been up to.
I have lots of catching up to do... my Suzi Blu classes and a couple of swaps so will be busy (and looking forward to creating again after my break).

Jacky xox

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...