Friday 3 November 2017

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness


I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season.
I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I'm learning to love Autumn and the joy that it brings.... beautiful woodlands, crunchy leaves, home made soups, reading by the fire, planning for Christmas, cosy jumpers.

Then of course there's that new (and now much used) word Hygge that has made us think about the positive side of autumn and winter and how wonderful it can be to focus on making our lives cosy.


So much has happened since I last posted......some good....some not so....

  • My health continues to fluctuate from good to ghastly and back again with lots of stages in between. But I remain positive. (MRI scan coming up in next couple of weeks.)
  • My Mum's health has also been a concern for the past year; she's had a really tough time and is  reaching her seventh week in hospital following a knee replacement plus a fractured femur repair (which at 88 is hard to recover from). Fingers crossed she'll be home soon.
  • I finally have an Etsy shop and am concentrating on my mixed media collages, little festive shrines (dioramas) and calligraphy tags. Its called Occasionalblues. My collages usually have a coastal theme and I like to add items which I've foraged from beaches in Norfolk and Cornwall. 
Here's a sample....

I make these just because I love the process. On bad days when I've not been able to do much else, I've managed to sit in my art room and make these little card boxes and clay cottages. If they don't sell I'll be very happy to just put them around my house  :-)




I'll be listing wooden tags in the next few days....


Which reminds me....I need to go and spray these. 
Bye for now......stay cosy. 



7 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Wishing you have more good days! I do love your creations!

Julie said...

I hope the MRI gets you a step nearer to having your health issues resolved, you must be so fed up with it all. I'm glad you're still able to make your beautiful art pieces. The boxed little houses are gorgeous. Lots of love xxx

Heather said...

Lovely to hear from you again. I do hope the scan will be useful in finding some helpful treatment for you, and that your Mum will soon be feeling more comfortable and home again before long. I love all your work - every piece has that 'feel good' factor.

martha brown said...

I love all of your work, Linda! I’ so glad that you are blogging again :) I hope that you’re feeling better soon ,...

Anonymous said...

So love your work too, wish everyone's health was better...will send positive healing thoughts. xox

Shashi Nayagam said...

So glad to see your post Linda. Its nice to know that you are still creating inspite of life and health getting in the way. Love your little boxes which i am sure will get sold. Hope all the tests go well and you feel better soon

Mescrap said...

my dear friend, hope you are well there.

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...