Wednesday 22 August 2012

And there's more.....

Maggi and I had a great day at the Festival of Quilts on Saturday - the time flew by and I wondered if I would get to see everything, but we did really well and even managed to meet up with Julie and Angela for lunch and a natter.
If you visit Julie's and Maggi's blog you'll see a selection of beautiful quilts.........here are some of my favourites:

Detail from 'Drawn by the Sea' - Sarah-Jane Dixon

'Graceful Dance' -  Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga, the winner of the pictorial quilts section,
Incredibly beautiful.....click for a close-up.


'Jazz Dots' - Cecilia Gonzalez Desedemas

'Eye of the Storm' - Sarah Welsby

'Between the Sheets' - Jacqui Parkinson

'Britain - what it means to you' - Terry Donalson
Detail

'Golden Days - Janina Moore

One of the miniature quilts (approx 6" sq) 'Whirlpool Galaxy' - Dorian Walton (2nd prize)

Winner of the miniature quilts 'Autumn' - Hilary Drake. Tiny pieces of fabric!

'Branching out' - Jenny Rolfe
Detail from Julie's quilt - 'Change' (see full size photo on Julie or Maggi's blog)



A few details from exhibiting artists......

Cas Holmes
Fabric printing demonstration from Claire Benn at Committed to Cloth.


 Frances Pickering kindly posed for a photo and signed the book I bought from her.


And finally something from me.......
A little fabric and paper collage (3" across) made from some scraps provided by Cas Holmes (a stained teabag, some pretty fabric and a piece of old hand embroidery) along with a few things of my own.

Not my usual colour scheme is it? 
Ah well....back to the purple, lime and turquoise tomorrow ;-)




8 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

oh my everyone is amazing, love the fish, eye of the storm, and change... I don't know how to get the comments back, sorry love. but it is great to find you on pinterest! hope the birds don't make Peachy too crazy!! lol

Becca said...

Such beautiful quilts! I LOVE your collage too...and really like the colors. :-)

Rosie said...

What I wonderful day out - I remember when WE went ....

Shashi Nayagam said...

Love your fabric and paper collage. Beautiful colour combination.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Loving all the quilts you chose to show - can't wait to get my hands on that new Frances Pickering book :-)

~*~Patty S said...

so much eye candy...thank you for sharing that fun excursion with us!

I find your new colors very pleasing and such a lovely creation...funny how we gravitate to the same colors tho isn't it

sad for you about pressing the wrong button...nothing should be that final should it!

my techie skills are so limited I am not much help to anyone

Have a lovely weekend dear one
oxo

Robin Mac said...

Those quilts are truly amazing, I am so glad you have shown so many. I love your Frances Pickering inspired piece, especially the colour scheme. I have just caught up with the fact that you are back on blogger again, wonderful goodies you have been making for your daughter's shop. Shame about the comments being deleted, been there , done that too! At least we all understand and will still be visiting. I have been guilty of accidentally deleting some important business emails - definitely not good! Cheers

Anonymous said...

The quilts are stunning - I particularly love the miniature ones. And the colours and composition of your collage piece work brilliantly.

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...