Sunday 23 March 2008

Mermaids

Doing a bit of collage today - and experimenting with another new stamp. Just wish the face didn't keep reminding me of Nicole Kidman.
The one above is for a swap. Hope they like it.

I'm using stamps, angelina fibres, gold net, ribbon and vintage fish clip art from here (thanks for that link Chris).

Oh well...back to the chocolate.....and maybe more mermaids.

'A mermaid found a swimming lad,
Chose him for her own,
Pressed her body to his body,
Laughed, and plunging down
Forgot in cruel happiness
That even lovers drown.'

(Can't remember where I got that from!)

Hugs
Linda

7 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

never heard that verse b4 in my life... its wacky.

love your mermaids.
would you like to take on a club challenge... i send you 3 atc's covered in 3 papers from my stash and i have the same we each design 3 atc's in any theme/none theme/wotever.
when completed i send you mine and you send me yours.. we swap and keep each others.. simple
you up for the challenge?
be good to yourself.
luv chriss x

Linda Vincent said...

Yes - I'm up for that! Thanks Chriss.
X

sakazoke said...

Wow wow wow!!!! Simply love your mermaids. They are both so very beautiful. I have this stamp too! Its wonderful to see what you have done with it. Can i add your blog to kine for people to see? Your work is amazing.
Tina
xx

Anonymous said...

Wowee you are rockin' these ATC's out Linda and they are getting more and more beautiful!! Those images are fab and you've done a wonderful job with them.
Totally love the little rhyme too it's wacky but cute :D
p.s. haven't forgot to email you... will do it soon :D

Anonymous said...

LINDA Im soooooooooo happy with my little mermaid doll THANKYOU SO MUCH ,I love her and I will tresure her for ever .You really are having a good time with this mermaid theme ,I think you were a mermaid in past life!LOL. Take a look at my blog to see her ,she is on my wall in my most favourite room in the house .thankyou very much once again love from sesga xx

Rosie said...

Secretly hoping these yummy mermaids might be for me??? Yours are on their way ....

JennyTheArtist said...

I love anything mermaid-y! congratulations!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...