Tuesday 1 July 2014

Mood Boards.....

I'm currently fiddling (happily) with pictures and natural objects....making collages (or 'mood boards' or 'inspiration boards' as they seem to be called on Pinterest and Flickr).
I feel a need to give these another name though; in a way they are photo collages (except if you google that something different comes up). Still life? Not really..... Any other ideas?
Maybe I can invent a name ;-)
Anyway, it's rather therapeutic and means I can get out my vast collection of natural bits and pieces.....and photos and magazines.....and make 'temporary collages'.
As I said in a previous post, some may be more permanent pieces of art and involve some stitching. Still working on those....

The magazine page is from my current favourite publication 'The Coastal Lookbook' published by Country Homes and Interiors.....

I am besotted with images of the coast and anything connected with it. The colours of course....plus the whole idea of living by the sea with all its associated sights, sounds and smells. This is a gorgeous magazine...can definitely recommend!

Here's a sample of items from my 'coastal collection' ;-)


I guess this is actually a 'mood board'.

I've signed up for a 'webinar' called "Styling & Photographing Inspiration Boards" which I saw on Helen Hallows blog; you can read more about it there. Helen is a brilliant artist who I am lucky enough to know and be able to visit as she lives very close by. You can see an example on her blog post.
Can't wait for the webinar.....it's like a proper lecture; you have to be at your PC ready at a specific time and it lasts for an hour. I guess I will have to take notes!

Whilst on the 'beachy' theme....we recently came back from our sixth holiday on my beloved Skiathos island (and have already booked again for next June ;-)
If I was in a position to live anywhere I wanted, it would be a toss up between St Ives and Skiathos. I love them both with a passion.
I shall now bore you with a few pics......

 Skiathos town harbour....
The start of the 'steps', where there are cushions outside all the bars on the steps up the side of the harbour......


Our closest beach.....Troulos

View from the Bourtzki (an 'attached' island by the harbour).....

Skiathos town......




 Open air cinema..... showing Mamma Mia of course!

Church at the top of the hill.....

...and the view from the top......

...where Sophie posted the letters to her three dads in Mamma Mia :-)

Ok.....that's enough for now ;-)
Happy July!
My gorgeous cerinthe.......












10 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous holiday pics - it looks like Paradise. I love your mood boards - what a good idea for experimenting with designs. I haven't come across that magazine but will look out for it - I might be tempted!

Amanda said...

I don't know about reading that magazine but you should have an article IN it! lovely photos too. You're looking lovely as ever.

And names? Collage Collective, Influential images, Visionaries, Muse Moments. ! :-)

Zoe Louise Hooley said...

Yay you're back :) welcome home! although it seems your fave holiday destination is a 'home from home' . . . .
What a wonderful post, I feel like I want to get away now, to a beach, to a coastline, somewhere!!

Your still life photography boards are Beautiful, so calming and inspirational xx I've seen these sorts of images created on blogs and have always wanted to give it a try, I had a small attempt with my pregnancy announcement!
It must have been wonderful to curate all your natural treasures, pebbles and drift would are so soothing just to simply hold in your hand . . . . .

Let's meet up soon!?
Love Zoe xx

Sandies' Patch said...

I dream of living near the Sea!
I'll have to wait and see if the mag turns up at Loughborough market, there's a stall sells all kinds of hobby mags/lifestylemags etc there from £1-£2, get some of the garden mags occasionally.
Remember I took a photo of my work basket (made from seagrass!)some time ago? Full of threads,fabric,ribbon,sari ribbons, silk and so on.It's on my blog somewhere.
Can't think of a name for your 'mood boards' at the moment, although, what about, 'Inspired for life/living'?
Love the boards!

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Heavenly holiday, Linda! Such colors! xo

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Oh the light and the colour glorious x

Anonymous said...

Great mood boar. Your greek trips are always so fabulous. xox

Sylvia said...

Lovely inspiration boards, Linda !
And what a lovely place ... looks like you had a wonderful time !
Enjoy the weekend,
Sylvia

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love everything beachy - your mood boards are divine. Gorgeous holiday pics too. Hope you are all inspired to be creative :-)

Shashi Nayagam said...

What a lovely post and beautiful pictures. Makes me want to sail off to Greece on a long holiday

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...