Friday 14 February 2014

Friday Finds....Pussy Willow

I would love to be able to say I found the pussy willow whilst out walking today.......unless you count walking around Marks & Spencers ;-)
I spotted a lovely huge bunch there whilst shopping for our Valentines Day dinner.
I have to confess to stroking them a lot...I'm surprised there are any furry bits left on the branches actually.
Textures: Kim Klassen's 'All my loving', '99' and 'Natures Beauty' all soft light.

Quote: 'No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn'.  ~Hal Borland  
Thank goodness...........


Before....and after

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh these are so lovely! I assume they are real? Now you have me dreaming (way too early) of pussy willows. Beautiful images and great texture work!

Linda Vincent said...

Thank you Barb.....and yes, they are real :-)

Beverly said...

It is sooo nice to see pussy willows this time of year, as it is snowing again, right now. I'll be dreaming along with Barb. Very lovely!!

Heather said...

I love the soft effect that this technique gives. There is a pussy willow tree which leans over our wall. Needless to say it loses a few sprigs each spring!

Amanda said...

Very nice! That spring thing can't be far away surly.

Anonymous said...

if there were any of your lcelies here they would be buried under a mound of snow. Grewt textures. xox

Kim Klassen said...

oh my goodness... i adore pussy willows.... beautiful.

thanks for sharing... happy valentines...
xo

FredaB said...

The after is so much softer. Very Pretty.

I also enjoyed the quote.

Hugs
FredaB

Anonymous said...

Love it - Have a nice Sunday, greetings from Inge

Maggi said...

So lovely what you have done with this image. And yes, finding them in M&S does count :)

Caterina Giglio said...

walking around Marks & Spencer sounds good!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...