Monday 24 February 2014

A Soup(er) Day

Yesterday was not a good day. My digestive system went haywire, as it does from time to time (just wish I knew the trigger). I made a lovely fish pie with a sweet potato topping .....but just had to sit and watch my husband and my son eat it :-(
Ah well, at least I could enjoy the conversation.

But today I feel much better so decided to make my favourite green detox soup.....
Good ingredients for a poorly tum; broccoli, leek, celery, kale, cauliflower, courgette, garlic, veg bouillon..... 
and lots of parsley. 

Its a simple recipe......chop all the veg quite small, fry the leeks with the crushed garlic, add half a litre of stock along with the rest of the veg and simmer till everything is soft....but not too soft (you don't want mushy).
I then like to blend two thirds with a big handful of chopped parsley before putting it all back together in the pan and adding salt and pepper to taste.
Lovely with a small piece of spelt bread.....


7 comments:

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Sounds wonderful. Must be a souper day as I'm just about to make Leek and Potato soup a la Jamie Oliver.







Lynn said...

Sounds so good , hope your tummy likes it and you are still feeling better today. Big hugs :)

Heather said...

How frustrating and unpleasant that must be for you. Your soup looks deliciously green and healthy - I bet it tastes good too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your digestive woes.....not pleasant, but your soup looks so good...xox

BumbleVee said...

Yikes,, I'm way behind!! I just read back to blogger and didn't see the new address .... sheeesh... off to change my bloglines address....I'll be back to scroll backwards later..... tsk, tsk..... bad me...bad me.....

Emma said...

That looks delicious enough for anybodies system but how frustrating that the triggers aren't obvious after all this time & research. What a lovely spring green!

Jan said...

I can't say that fish pie sounds appealing to me although I'm sure it was delicious. The soup does look good though! I just realized I had not adjusted my reading list to include your new blog so I have been missing your posts. Now it is updated so hopefully I won't miss any further.

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...