Tuesday 25 May 2010

And There's More.....

Here are two digital collages I created from a photo of a delightful shop in Belper, Derbyshire. I asked permission to show them because the original is of course protected under copyright but it can be seen on the front of their new website Lavender Grey. I recommend a visit if you're ever in the area.......

As everyone knows, we've had a spell of wonderful weather recently in England......and this is where I've spent a lot of my time. Well, you have to make the most of it whilst its here!

This is one of my favourite flowers......

......digitally altered by me.
Another new blogging friend of mine....the lovely Emma at A Little Bit of Everything is doing a very special postcard swap for her 50th birthday. She wants to find 50 people to swap with (I hope she has plenty of stamps ready!)
Here's the gorgeous collage she sent me.....now I must get mine completed (you'll get it next week, I promise Emma!)
If you'd like to join in I'm sure she'd love to hear from you - go and visit her blog.

And finally...... I decided to treat myself to something from the talented Claire Barone's Etsy shop (she has some wonderful things for sale) and chose this delightful piece called 'Searching'. I love it.

Go and see her beautiful blog header....

18 comments:

pammyjo said...

Wonderful post, all of the altered art and the darling search piece. Glorious!

Lynn said...

Love what you did with the photos of Lavender Grey, what a beautiful little shop, and your back garden looks lovely Linda, wish I could just drop by for a nice cold drink, it is really hot here too at the moment.

That is a wonderful fabric art postcard, what a great idea to celebrate her 50th, wish I had thought of something like that :)

Also loving this digital art print, I will have to go check out her blog now.

*jean* said...

hi linda! your digi work is beautiful!!! i have been playing outside too, i agree, you have to enjoy it while it's here!!

Sandy said...

Oh wow wow wow wow wow incredible digital art. Stunning design. So wonderful.

Holly Loves Art said...

Gorgeous work! Such a talent you are! Love those flowers too. They remind me of my favorite flower, Foxglove. Have a lovely day.
Cheers,
Holly

Lorraine said...

lovely picture of the bike reminds me of France for some reason..great

Carole said...

wonderful, great blog :)

Lori Saul said...

So many beautiful things to see- wonderful collage work from the photos and outstanding photography as well. I'm afraid we are still stuck with rain here in 'sunny' California! Take care!

claire barone art said...

HI LINDA THATS SO SWEET GLAD YOU LIKE THEM YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER PRINT YOU LIKE ILL LIST THIS LATER IN MY SHOP HAVE A SUPER DAY CLAIREXX

Emma said...

Thank you linda! I have lots of stamps & I'm up to 38!! I'm just loving making these cards & I've just started receiving them! I'll post about No 2 later.

Yes that is the Armadale ferry & you WILL stand on those beautiful steps in the castle one day!

Barb said...

Hi Linda,
This is my "first" visit to your wonderful blog, absolutely luv your digital pieces. I so wish I could spend an afternoon with you
to see how it is done!! Ü
Barb in Texas

Jan said...

Hello, I hopped on over from Maggi's blog and am glad I did. What a delightful blog you have, such lovely art, the whole thing is very nicely done from your personal art to the background. Love your little lotus flower books.

Maggi said...

I just love the bicycle pieces. I'm going to try to locate Lavender Grey at the weekend. Your garden looks beautiful - just as good as in real life. Thanks for the link to Emma by the way. I heard from her on Tuesday.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Linda! Gorgeous digital collages! Have you tried Golden digital grounds? You can use them to print out your digital collage onto paper (or another surface) coated with the digital ground. Once the ink is dry, you can then incorporate the piece into another work of art. :-)

Catharina Maria said...

I love the wonderful cards you have made , can you come to me to learn me this ;o)))
O I wish that I live in your country for shot time .
Love from your friend ♥RINI♥

Gini said...

Shpot the digital eye candy!
You have made that flower head even more beautiful that it already was and I love your garden!
Gini
xx

~*~Patty said...

more gorgeousness and good shopping you've been up to!

I Love imagining you in your SUNNY garden surrounded by lovely blossoms dear Linda!
oxo

LazyKay said...

What a feast for the eyes.

xxxxxxxxx

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...