Friday, 28 August 2009
My husband recently cut up a load of woodblocks for me in all shapes and sizes....so I thought it was time I used one of them. This is Flora...a mixed-media piece with pencil, crayon, acrylics, gesso, paper napkins, gold flakes, stamps, treasure wax and upholstery studs.
She's quite small!
Whilst I'm here I'd like to thank my lovely new friend Caterina at La Dolce Vita for giving me a MeMe blog award. I am supposed to pass this on, but I find that kind of thing just too difficult. I've looked up the meaning of MeMe (rhymes with dream) and it means a unit of cultural information that represents a basic idea that can be transferred from one individual to another, and subjected to mutation, crossover and adaptation. I've been asked to say 7 things about myself.............
1. I LOVE flip-flops and have a huge collection of them. I even wear them throughout the winter (but not in the snow).
2. I HATE halloween (and orange with black) - not too sure why, but I do like Gothic images, crosses, Poe, crows etc.
3. I LOVE David Beckham and really don't care what you say about his voice. Its not his voice that I'm interested in (although I do think it has improved).
4. I HATE clowns.....they just make me feel funny and shuddery. Just weird.
5. I LOVE feta cheese. Especially with tomatoes and olives. Preferably in a greek taverna.
6. I HATE pasta. It sits in my mouth and won't go down. So you see....I have tried.
7. I LOVE fairy lights and have them on in my lounge and conservatory every night of the year.
Like dogs......they are for life, not just for Christmas.
I would love it if some of you in my bloglist took on this challenge....go on, I dare you.