Friday 11 July 2008

SHRINE

This is a special post today...its my 100th!!!
(Thank you Jackie for pointing it out to me...I hadn't noticed.)
Well, I've finally finished Sesga's shrine. I couldn't decide at first what to dedicate it to, but then I thought .... I'll make a shrine to love.
I deliberately painted it from dark to light turquoise (its not the light reflecting at the top!) I printed the words onto a transparency , cut them out then stuck them on with glossy accents.
Its got little swimming hearts inside, some of which are chipboard. The big heart stands out quite a way although you can't tell from the photo. I sawed the end off a blue crayon and stuck the heart onto it.
Sesga sent me the gorgeous beads which set it off nicely I think.
I know I've made it a bit naive but I don't mind.
Maybe I'll do a grungy vintage one next time!

Thank you so much Sesga...for the gift and for the inspiration.
I'm already making a couple of my own - I've just about worked out how to make them!

Oh well.....here's to my next hundred.....
Linda xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ITS BUTIFULL LINDA!!!!
I love it,I love the colours , beads and the hearts .A shrine to love I couldn't think of a better theme.Its so Inspiring to see what you have done.
Love from sesga xx

Anonymous said...

Nice peaceful piece.

xxxxxx

Jackie said...

hey, congratulations. 100 posts..a lot of blogging. The shrine is gorgeous,especially the graduated colours.well done all round.

Jaqi said...

Congratulations and well done on your 100th post and your faulous shrine.....Oh Linda you have excelled, this is awesome, and the colours make it very linda! very nice indeed. Another style mastered i think, Jaqi xx

Chriss Rollins said...

100 posts ...sooo many talents ...well done and heres to another 100 and more.

Judy S. said...

Very nice, Linda. I like your "new look," also, especially the header. Congratulations on 100 posts, and in such a short time, too! I enjoy reading your blog!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Congratulations on the 100th post!
What a beautiful shrine. I love everything about it. You have a great sense of colour scheme and co-ordinating themes.

Dot said...

It is gorgeous Linda! You have made a beautiful tribute to love. You have me inspired to work on the shrine Segsa sent to me too. I love your use of color.

Congrats on the 100 posts too!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...