Wednesday 23 July 2008

Little House...and Gifts!


I made a tiny house today for a change. I decided to use colours I wouldn't normally choose, as a challenge. Its quite thick and looked better standing up, so I glued a piece of card on the back to help it.


I've made some lovely new friends through the Soul Journal, including Vicki at http://alteredeverythingandmore.blogspot.com/
She was kind enough to give me an award yesterday! I am very honoured to receive another one of these. Thank you Vicki; I shall be a regular visitor to your blog.


Another surprise today was a parcel from Australia! My lovely friend Jacky (who is also doing the journal) sent me some amazing things, for which I can't thank her enough. I love her Klimt dolls (such a beautiful face) and the wonderful ATC has its own stand! And that wasn't all - she also sent me chipboard shapes to play with. (I used one of the little house shapes today.)

You are so kind Jacky, thank you.


Well, if that wasn't enough, I also received gifts from Jaqi yesterday (different spelling!). I admired her Beatles and Raven ATCs, which she kindly sent to me as swaps and included bags of gems, sequins and flowers as well. Oooh, and I nearly forgot, she also sent lovely papers and postcards. (See the background on my little house, Jaqi.)


I'm so lucky to have met such great people through my blog.



8 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

I LOVE you made the pieces into a frame!

Anonymous said...

I Love your butterfly house its beautiful.
You had some beautiful goodies in the post,I love the Doll she is stunning!
You are a very lucky Lady ,You deserve it .
Love from sesga xx

Chriss Rollins said...

great picture frame linda and the colours are good.
you have some gorgeous goodies there enjoy them you deserve them.
chriss x

sharon said...

I love those Klimt dolls - my fav artist. Thanks for your kind comments you left about my numbers ATC's on my blog and Chris'. I must get around to answering your tag - hurray for the holidays! x

Jaqi said...

You are welcome, Enjoy , JAQI X

Jaqi said...

PS I love the little house, Jaqi x

Christy said...

ooh lovely goodies and your little house is fantastic! i love that you combined both gifts into one piece of art.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Love your beautiful house Linda and the goodies are lovely aren't you a lucky lady!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...