Thursday 17 July 2008

A Cloak of Indigo....

I made a couple of Twinchies for the challenge on the Small World of Inchies where the theme this week is raven.
I used a variety of stamps, embossing, doodling and transparencies (which I printed and stuck down with glossy accents).
The small raven picture I cut out of a book and the larger one I drew. I read a poem about a raven which referred to it as a cloak of indigo. I think that describes it pretty well.

I went to see Mamma Mia on Tuesday - it was absolutely wonderful! It's not meant to be viewed seriously or with a critical eye and it's not about whether Pierce Brosnan or Julie Walters can sing or not - it's about the whole cast giving an exhilarating performance and making you want to join in with them. Everone came out of the cinema laughing and singing - it does your heart good!
It's filmed on the beautiful island of Skopelos.......where I want to live one day. I've visited the island twice and can't wait to go back again. Hope it doesn't get too popular because of the film!
Go and see it....'and let the joy wash over you'!

12 comments:

Jaqi said...

I adore the ravens they are fab.....the blue and black goes well together, and im hoping to go and see mama mia next week. The ads on tv look great. I can imagine its a feelgood film. Looking forward to it. Jaqi x

Donna Gotlib said...

I'm checking in and saying "hi". You are in my thoughts.
This sounds like a good one.
Hugs,
Cookie

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your inchies are fab! I will go and see Mama mia it at least that is my plan.

Sandy said...

Wow they are stunning.
Amazing work Linda. Love them.

Dawn said...

WOW, this is really great. Your header is FANTASTIC!!!!! It made me wow, out load...

Catharina Maria said...

Your inchies are GREAT !!!

Chriss Rollins said...

Great post and the twichies are great i once did 16 inchies for a swap challenge and not sure i would again lol well maybe. x love the quote book will put them on tomorrow.
chriss x

Donna Quesada said...

I stumbled on your blogs, and find that I love the colors and especially your ravens. I have long been a fan of the quick and clever bird! Yellowstone Park has had to warn guests to watch their backpacks because the resident ravens know how to unzip them and steal their lunches! (One of my old poems about the raven's smaller cousin, the crow is on my own blogsite). Just thought I'd say Hi! ~Donna

Jacky said...

Hi Linda.... Great excitement for me today, my beautiful package arrived from you !!!!
Your art is even more beautiful in the flesh, I just love my houses and those gorgeous ATC's. Huge thank you!!!!!!

I LOVE your twinchies. Anything with birds and especially ravens I love. Have you seen Michelle Wards stamps with the birds and ravens (Green Pepper Press). I have them and I love them!

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Wow Linda!!! i love these!!! They are great!!!

Rosie said...

Ooooo these are nice! I like ravens too and I love the indigo idea!

Jackie said...

Your Ravens are beautiful. I really am looking in a different way at stamps having seen some of the lovely work here. And you beat me to it on Mamma mia/Skopelos!

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...